“I used to pop bottles. Now I pump them.”
- Welcome to new motherhood. Where rocking a messy bun, a nursing top and dark under eye circles is practically a rite of passage. (We’ve done it and we’ve got the spit-up shirts to prove it.) But that doesn’t mean you don’t deserve the royal treatment when it comes to what you put in your body for you and your baby.
- Pump Princess contains a blend of organic ingredients designed to optimize breast milk production and support milk flow. Black seed has been used to promote healthy lactation in India and the Middle East for centuries. Fennel and dill are also traditionally used as a digestive support for mom and baby.
- Black seed is a rich source of fatty acids, protein and minerals such as calcium and iron. It’s known to stimulate the release of prolactin (the major milk-making hormone), promote mammary gland growth and increase milk production.5
- fun fact: It’s been dubbed the “remedy for all diseases except death.”
- the science: One study in lactating rats showed that the black seed extract group produced 37% more milk than the placebo group.6
- caution: Not safe for use in pregnancy
- Fennel may work to not only boost milk production but also aid in improving the flow of milk and stimulating mammary gland growth.7 It can soothe colic and gastrointestinal upsets in babies as well.8
- fun fact: Flasks of fennel tea are common in German postpartum floors.
- the science: In one study of lactating goats, fennel increased both milk production and milk fat content.9
- caution: Not safe for use in pregnancy. Don’t exceed recommended doses.