Newborn Suction Reusable Autoclavable
Key Features and Benefits
- Made from one piece of silicone
- Easy to clean and durable
- Able to withstand hundreds of uses
- Improves newborn outcomes in developing countries
- Does not contain latex
Made of Silicone
- The Penguin Suction Device is reusable and is made from one piece of silicone. This makes it easy to clean and durable so it can withstand hundreds of uses. The Suction Device was developed to support basic newborn resuscitation courses and is aimed at improving newborn outcomes in developing countries.
Using the Penguin Suction Device
- Squeeze the penguin body and keep it squeezed.
- Insert the nozzle into baby’s nose or mouth.
- Release the squeeze slowly to suction.
- Extract the penguin from the baby.
- Squeeze out the contents of the penguin body into the sink, water container, towel or similar.
- Repeat suction as necessary.
- Open by bending the penguin’s neck.
- Wash and scrub in soapy water.
- Flush water through the nozzle and head.
- Boil in water for minimum 10 minutes. The Penguin can also be disinfected by autoclaving or chemical disinfection.
- Let the unit dry completely before storing.